Sunday, January 31, 2010

finally some time for crafting...



I have finally had some time for crafting in the past few weeks... much needed crafting to be exact. At the beginning of the year, I began to reevaluate my etsy shop and decided that at this season in life, going full force with the etsy shop is not really an option. I have a long list of sewing projects I would love to complete, but (un)fortunately, I had tons of business in my etsy shop and I never had any time to complete them. I will still keep the etsy shop open, but I will only be listing ready made items and one custom listing at a time.



That being said, here was my first project I finished a few weeks ago. I bought Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me, 24 Reasons to Love Sewing last year and had earmarked this project. I loved the fact that it used so many different pieces of fabric, since I can never decide on ONE! Maybe that's why she named it the "I'll Have One of Everything Bag". While it was a fairly easy pattern to navigate, it did take me a total of 4 hours to finish - four, uninterrupted hours. I was certainly tired at the end, but so excited about the finished product! I think my favorite feature is the braided handles, but if I ever make another one, I will revise it so its not so pointy!




Hope you have a had a wonderful week - I'll be back this week with more pictures of Eden!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one!!!

heather

Unknown said...

I want one too! Are you going to sell these on the Etsy site? Let me know:) P.S. Eden is so big and beautiful, can't believe our babies are growing up so fast!

erin said...

nice job. I have this book and have thought of doing it. Good to hear you thought the pattern was easy to navigate.