Sunday, January 24, 2010

pirates...

So, apparently, in Tampa, every January they celebrate pirates. We decided to join in the celebration, along with our pastors families, of course! What can be better than a whole town dressing up like pirates? A real pirate ship? Fireworks over the water? 70 degree weather in the dead of winter? Need I go on?

Yesterday was the Gasparilla Children's Parade (I'm differentiating between the *real* Gasparilla Parade which is apparently is pretty scandalous!). It was such a great event in our city - a three hour parade down Bayshore Boulevard, complete with all kettle corn, plastic swords, beads, and fireworks! My only regret is that I didn't know in enough advance to make Eden a pirate costume... but I'm positive we will attend again next year and she will have quite the costume.





More than the pirates, I think Eden enjoyed her first ride in Abigail's wagon. As soon as Justin (our pastor) started pulling the wagon, she started laughing hysterically! She couldn't get enough.. and I think Abigail didn't know what to do with her! I tried to catch it on video, but by the time I got my phone our, she had slowed down on the laughing... but you can catch the tail end of it here.


And just for the record - we may have endured the worst heat this summer, but I'm totally LOVING this Florida winter weather - it really doesn't get any better!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My, I am SO VERY jealous! We have gray and rain, cold and rain, and then some more cold, gray, rain... At this point I can't really remember why WE didn't move to FL too!!!